Monday, December 20, 2010

To hooah or not to hooah

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. [Orig. unknown] Slang. 1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Ugh, these are gross too...


Ok, why did I decide to label my post as this?  

I've been in the military world since I was about 8 years old.  I lived and breathed army life though I was never in the army.  I had to fold my dad's ugly brown shirts just right or he'd have a fit.  We ate MRE's just to get the candy and the goodies in them.  Before I met my ex husband I swore up and down I'd never marry a soldier....

When I met my ex I was 19 and was pretty crazy...I blamed the soldiers, the guys who have nothing but pure sex and getting drunk on their little perverted immature minds.  I never thought I'd marry this guy but at 19 you think you are "in love".  I was one of those girls who thought it was "cool" to be dating a soldier and being an army brat you already know what its like.  When I met him he told me he was going to be stationed to Germany in January, well hell, that was 5 months away so I'll just have fun and let him go on his merry way.  Then my grandma died a couple months later so off to Illinois...

We get back to Georgia and find out we are going to be stationed around the same area as him.  He decides he wants to be with me and we get engaged...what the hell was I thinking?!?  see above 


So 2 years later we get married in Germany and I am in this "I'm in love" mindset because as I said before I was young and dumb.  Time went by, marriage started getting rocky and I won't go into details because its long and a waste of time.


2 kids later I decide to call it quits for things that again, I don't want to get into.  Nothing to do with adultery or that I "couldn't handle it" just things out of my control.


Now 9 years later and a friend of mine goes "you'll never get with a civilian, you are too much in the soldier mindset".


So now I'm thinking..."you may or may not be right"  Which is where I got the title...


I'm not looking for another soldier or a civilian guy, my divorce isn't final yet though I'm having fun as a single girl as I should be but there are a lot of soldier eye candy here at the "Great Place" and yes people, I still get nervous and girlish when I'm around these ACU clad boys...just something that will never go away.


Til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment